Production 3- Our First Challenge
As mentioned in the previous blog post, one of our group members, Elena Bretoi, has been quarantined due to exposure to the COVID-19 virus. In addition to this, I have now been quarantined as well, which has left only one of our group members at school. I am allowed to return to school in a week, which is when we have moved filming to. We are still looking for another actress to replace Mia, who has the virus and is who we were exposed to.
While this did pose a big problem since most of the scenes take place at school, we are able to move filming to the day I am allowed to return to school. We decided that I will be director, Ashlee will be filming, and Elena will be responsible for majority of editing since she is not able to be in school with us. However, Ashlee and I will help Elena edit parts of the film if she needs.
We also came up with a good idea to film the students in the hallway during classroom change and splice the footage together rather than trying to film with everyone bustling around us and so much background noise.
We were able to film the day I returned to school and we got all of our scenes done and ready to be edited. Then we sent them to Elena for her to begin editing and we chose the music we will be using. It was a very short amount of time we had to film and we were a bit rushed, but this is only our first draft and we may decide to re-do the film in a second or final draft.
Comments
Post a Comment