Decision Day
My initial reaction to the InDesign and Premier Pro software was that it was very overwhelming and a lot to take in. There were so many different buttons and options I didn’t know where to begin. After watching the InDesign tutorial and trying it out on a photo I used the fading tool, and found it pretty easy to figure out. It took some getting used to but I was able to figure out the different controls and settings to edit the photos. After taking a closer look at Premier Pro, I figured out how to edit how fast the video is going and some of the slow motion effects.
I am definitely thinking about doing a movie for my portfolio and I want to work in a group with Ashlee and Elena. We are thinking about doing a movie trailer about cheer and dance inside and out of high school, since I do school cheer, Ashlee does competitive cheer, and Elena does dance. I think the Premier Pro software will really allow us to get our story told by including little details like slow motion to create dramatic and intense moments. In the article by Cherry, he mentions “The brain actually experiences the story in the same way it would as if you were inside the narrative itself.” This to me means sensory words and enhancements will help the brain really experience the story, which I think we can accomplish with Premier Pro. Cherry also explains, “Technology supports a wealth of storytelling options and can be used to create digital book reviews, digital puppet shows, and even movies with green screen and video-authoring apps.” This stands out to me because it made me realize all the different ways Premier Pro can be helpful in creating our title sequence and making it appealing.
In the other article by Joey Franklin, it is stated, “I believe that the magazines that adapt and remain creative and that also stick with their ideals will thrive. We are actually blessed with all kinds of opportunity now.” This sentence really brings out how online is the future of magazines and those who adapt to this will thrive and be successful. It also touches on the large amount of resources we have to be able to make these online magazines appealing, which I think attributes to the use of programs like InDesign. Overall, I think the right choice for me is to make the title sequence of a movie about cheer and dance with Elena and Ashlee. I think we will be able to use PremierPro to add slow motion sections to add suspense or make a scene dramatic, and use nice tools like fade and overlap to go from scene to scene smoothly.
Comments
Post a Comment